Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad; whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen.
- John le Carre
- John le Carre
Where I've been.
Don't push the river it flows by itself.
I used those words for Part 1 of my post-apocalyptic aftermath fiction Degeneration.
It's been quiet around here and I haven't posted much on the blog. I'm not even going to make excuses as to why the content around here has been lacking. Instead I'm going to list the things I've left untouched for the past few weeks.
Things I've neglected around here:
1. No new Sid Valentine short story installment.
2. No new podcast.
3. No new screencast.
4. No new post on the production journal AKA the Art of Winging it.
5. No new random flash fiction piece.
6. The zombie book is 2/3 done.
7. Undisclosed book #2 is about 27k in.
And it's OK.
Normally I would get very anxious when I don't keep up with my creative projects because, well, I'm a very competitive and driven person and I like to get things done.
In less than 3 weeks I've accomplished to:
1. Put up 60+ posts
2. Have review copies sent to me.
3. Set up the site on my own complete with sponsors, ads, design a banner plus social media pages.
4. Based on my Google Analytics - managed to get 300 unique visits in that short amount of time and about 600+ page views. The organic keyword traffic is decent with a lot of returning visits. Not only are people coming to my site but they're also discovering the content and sticking around. Apparently my site is being Stumbled as well. Pretty happy with that.
(Although my other lesser known traffic analyzers are giving me a slightly off info, I trust GA)
Where I am.
I'm at a cusp of some kind of change. You ever get that nagging feeling that the path you're in is ok but it's not where you should be? And no matter how well you plan things out and go with the routines there's always something that steers you back into a different direction.
That's where I am. Cautious, on the edge, dipping my toes in a somewhat familiar but still uncharted territories.
The things I know how to do is completely underutilized at my day job. I've built a handful of sites (new ones and makeovers) and get them back on the map where people can actually find their businesses when they search for them. I've saved people tons of money teaching them make smarter decisions about branding or rebranding their company. This is a topic I can probably do a 3 day conference on so I'm cutting it short here.
Lately, I've been wanting to branch out on my own slowly and do what I already know how to do best.
So I'm going out on a limb and hanging out my shingles.
Z2R Media is open for business you crazy cats. Spread it like a virus.
If your website hates you and is scaring people away - I'm here to help.
If you don't have a proper site and don't know where to even begin - I'm here to help.
I want to help you choose the right tools for your venture and use it effectively.
And save you money in the long run. And these days, who doesn't want to save money right?
I'll also be posting about non-writing related stuff here just to keep it interesting. I do enough writing in my own time, I don't really need to tell tell you how you should write (there's other places on the net for that kind of info).
But this isn't all about me, me, me.
It's about YOU.
Stay tuned for the next part of this post. More good stuff around the corner.