Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad; whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen.
- John le Carre
- John le Carre
Mixtape - Side A
This post is a mash-up of things floating around my head. I sometimes have to dump info to get my mind decluttered (yes, I'm taking neat freak to another level), otherwise I'm stuck with all of it in my head all striving to get equal attention from me. That's just not gonna fly so here goes.
1. Why aren't there frets or markers on violins? I tried fiddling (no, that was not a cheesy pun) with it and it sounded like a wailing sick cat. Sure, part of it is because I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. I was basically playing by ear. Fun, but very challenging.
2. My brother sort of suggested an idea for a site. I think I need to look into it. Or at least put it in my idea file.
3. I just interrupted this post to play a quick round of Guitar Hero.
4. I really enjoy cooking but hate the clean-up.
5. I have websites to work on.
6. That collection of short stories will be released by Christmas. Somehow.
7. As of today I have 43 readers/subscribers for this blog - 35 from newsletter, 8 from RSS. This is not groundbreaking by any means, but for me it is. This makes me ridiculously goofy-happy.
8. Reality TV shows make me want to bash my TV sometimes.
9. Commercials on TV during the holidays make me feel numb. No, I don't want that cashmere sweater. And please don't use the word "Santabulous" as part of your ad campaign. Better yet, just don't say that word anymore.
10. I think I'm gonna write a post about indie writing.
11. My skills on playing guitar is now back at beginner level. That's what you get for not practicing. Oh well.
12. I read so many blogs but most are kind of saying the same thing. Only a select few really resonate with me. Time to whittle down my subscriptions.
13. I sure missed winters here in the East Coast while I was away but Fuck! It's cold outside and I can't feel my toes.
14. My writing area is bare bones. In the middle of a sparsely furnished room. I sit on the floor on a bamboo floor mat, an internet-less old laptop sits atop a vintage fancy food tray. My iPod next to it on a dock with speakers. A pen and notebook. I love it. We actually have a small computer desk which is where I'm typing this but all the fiction writing happens in aforementioned room.
15. I'm still annoyed that the cable guy sent to hook up our cable box failed to
a) actually hook up the box
b) color code
c) have appropriate wires to hook up said box to TV
d) have the HD box - told us we'd have to pick it up ourselves
(this was actually resolved after a phone call - reimbursed fee, new box, and upgrade at no charge)
16. Speaking of, I'm about a paragraph or two away from finishing my latest story and have another one I want to write.
17. But first, a nap.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.