Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad; whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen.
- John le Carre
- John le Carre
For those of you who know me from Twitter, you probably already know that I/we have relocated to a new home recently. This is the reason why my online activities have toned down a bit in the last couple of weeks. I'm physically exhausted, have lacerated my hand in the process and half my stuff is still in boxes.
Life does happen in between stories and WIPs but I have slowly been plugging a way at a couple of short stories,
Just to lay all the cards out in the open, I'm presenting a list right below of what you'll be seeing from me in terms of writing in the next few months. At this point I just enjoy having people read my work. Being an unknown writer, my goal for now is to get my stories read by as many people as possible.
So far, I'm pleased with the amount of people who've downloaded/read my short stories in Smashwords with minimal marketing effort. I've also come across some talented, kick-ass writers.
Since I'm a big nerd when it comes to lists and setting deadlines/goals, I present to you my bag o' treats.
1. The Sid Valentine Universe will continue to expand in the form of short fiction. The next installment is already in progress with a tentative title of Sid Valentine and the Fearful Goddess.
With the release of this 2nd installment comes another experiment/announcement - so you better check it.
2. Audio Assault: Podcast - I'll be recording some of my works and making it available for free in audio format. Which ties in to #3.
3. Panic in Year 2020: Sleep my Darlings - one of the 3 novels I'm working on, will be released in bite-sized chapters completely unabridged in audio format.
As I was writing Panic in 2020: A zombie story (which was released in e-book format via Smashwords), the entire premise for the book pretty much presented itself, I quickly outlined what I had and realized that it was a good enough idea to expand into a novel format.
4. Short story collection - it's 4 stories away from being complete. I still plan on releasing this baby before the end of 2010.
5. A couple of collaborative works with another writer. Both are finished and just needs cover art and formatting.
As for the other 2 books I'm working on, I'm keeping those on the down-low until the time is right. I can't very well reveal all my secrets...yes, I'm a tease.
That's it for now, in a nutshell. I'll elaborate on each one as it's completed.
For the first time in a couple of years, I'm stoked again about writing, can't wait to share it with you hooligans.